OT: Scripting the UI in Windows

James Cass cassj at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 11:57:38 EST 2005

Ben-

You should give CESoft's Quickeys a try (http://www.cesoft.com/).  I've
used in MacOS9 and MacOSX with limited success.  It's available for
Windows also.  You can download a trial version.  It's not perfect
though.  After I would record a sequence of actions, I would always
have to tweak what Quickeys captured.  Then I would keep testing the
sequence until it did exactly what I needed.  It can be flaky for
complex sequences.  Only use it when you've exhausted all other
scripting methods.  I don't use Quickeys anymore though.  I've
converted most of my automated tasks to shell scripts.

HTH...James
When mind control works,
you won't know it.