finding in script

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Jan 2 07:08:10 EST 2005

On Sun Jan 2, 2005, Ernst M. Reicher e.reicher at gmx.at

> Hi,
> as an unexperienced hobby programmer I often have to seach in scripts and
> doesn´t really know where in the stack(s).
>
> Using HC there was a basic command called searchscript - worked perfect
>
> Then using MC I modified the HC thing and it worked pretty.
>
> At first trial my modification didn´t work in Rev so I tried to use the
> built in searchdialog.
>
> By default it searches in name, script and text - DONT DO THAT - if
> you have
> a big stack it will last for hours!!!!!
>
> Only checking "script" works satisfactory and it lists the searchresults
> although it lists repetitions and therefore the list could get long...
>
> But then you have to go to each founditem manually by opening the
> application browser and so on.
>
> Is that called comfortable programming????
>
> Regards,
>             Ernst

You might try the search card of my "RevBrowser" available from
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>, page "Samples and Tools for Development".

 From the information on the website:

"for "Revolution" only: The small, convenient, and fast alternative to
Rev's "Application Browser" and "Object Browser". Includes a fast script
searching tool that lists all found scripts lines - with the
searchstring colored - along with the addresses of the objects. Clicking
on the object address lets you edit the respective script.

Stack is from 2001 and needs to be updated - there are some bugs - and
because it is not yet able to access and edit "unplaced" groups - which
you also cannot do with the above-mentioned Rev-IDE tools."

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<www.sanke.org>