changing object's location causing long delays

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sun Jan 2 03:11:17 EST 2005

Nicolas,

Try turning messages off in the revMenubar. Then select and drag your
object where you want it, and turn them back on. It has to do with how
Rev manages the selectedObject function in the IDE. Frankly, I'd be
surprised if it was still a problem in the standalone, perhaps you've
got some script which is affecting the project?

Quick test would be to make a standalone with 1000 buttons and have the
script Ken proposed in one of them. I suspect there's little to no delay
in selecting and/or moving.

best,

Chipp