Graphic Objects & Memory Use

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Jan 1 23:19:44 EST 2005

On 1/1/05 9:16 AM, "Gordon Webster" <gwalias-rev at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Revolutionaries
>
> I have a question or two about rev's graphic objects
>
> Since the rev graphic objects such as lines and shapes
> are objects that can have their own properties, styles
> etc., is there a big memory overhead in using them to
> create complicated graphics?

I would doubt it... the reason I say this is that Geoff Canyon created an
entire Asteroids-like *game* using a *single* polygon that has its points
calculated and adjusted on the fly. If you can imagine dozens/hundreds of
individual points that need to be adjusted in real time, you get the idea
that even if there *was* some overhead, it would be minimal.

Just my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/