repeat loops, efficiency

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Jan 1 09:45:51 EST 2005

On Jan 1, 2005, at 7:11 AM, Kurt Kaufman wrote:

> on mouseup
> set the name of me to "STOP"
>   repeat until the mouseclick
>     --do specific stuff here
>     wait ten seconds --I need this delay
>   end repeat
>     set the name of me to "START"
> end mouseup
>

> Is there perhaps a more efficient way of doing this?

One of the flasher examples from the "Message Mechanics Primer" might
help:

      http://www.swcp.com/dsc/revstacks.html

Look also at the relay change lockout example in that stack, if you
want to cut the last delay short, but still keep "specific stuff" from
happening too soon.

That stack describes some techniques in using send and cancel.  (It
needs a little updating.)

Dar