translation ready, more questions

Rob Meijer robmeyer at hetnet.nl
Sun Feb 27 15:36:16 EST 2005

Ken,

At 16:39 27/2/2005, Ken Ray wrote:

>It sounds to me like you might have an additional trailing return after the
>text. The reason I say this is that in my simple test, it works as expected.

if I write:
put return &"blahblahblah" after field 1
and later
delete  last line of fld 1
a new last line comes on the same place as the deleted one.

put return & return & "blahblahblah" after field 1
and later
delete  last line of fld 1
a new last line comes 1 line lower as the deleted one.

>Sorry, Revolution automatically indents code and you can't easily override
>it. (The reason I say "easily" is that the Revolution IDE is written in
>Revolution, so when you become proficient you can edit the script of the
>Script Editor and change it to your heart's content.)
I'll have to wait for that

>My question would be though - what is it about Rev's indentation that
>doesn't work for you?
It works, but the script is a bit disorderly .

Thanks for all your help.
I had a very interesting 20 days, studying RunRev. It is remarkable
quick and has no memorylimitations. Many statements make work shorter
and faster than in TB.
As I wrote for the Toolbook-list: If I had to leave Toolbook, RunRev would
be my first choice.

Rob

robmeyer at hetnet.nl
www.japrosoft.com