scale w/ ticks and snap-to

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 26 23:59:45 EST 2005

On 2/26/05 5:15 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I'd like to have a scale in a range from 1 to 5 with 5 ticks on it, and
> with snap-to behavior so this indicator will line up with the ticks.
>
> Any combination of properties for this, or am I rolling my own?

You have to write your own. There's one in the "Colors and Levels" menu
item in my Blocks game. This is the script of the scrollbar (there are
only 3 positions):

on mouseUp
   setLevelValues
end mouseUp

on setLevelValues
   put the endvalue of me div 3 into theSegment
   put the thumbpos of me into thePos
   switch
   case (thePos < theSegment)
     set the thumbPos of me to 0
     break
   case  (thePos < theSegment*2 + 10)
     set the thumbPos of me to the endvalue of me div 2
     break
   default
     set the thumbPos of me to the endvalue of me
   end switch
end setLevelValues

I forget why I added 10 in the second case, but it had something to do
with esthetics.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com