Using Firebird?

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Wed Feb 23 13:32:21 EST 2005

You probably would do best to use an ODBC driver for Firebird, if you
are certain you want to use Firebird.

Meanwhile, you might consider PostgreSQL instead.  The new version has
a native Windows build (for the first time), and it has a very long
history with even very large databases under UNIX systems.  It is
available for more platforms than Firebird, and also offers a very
nice, professional feature set.  A Windows-based binary installer is
available.  Oh, and it's also free.  I've been using it quite happily
in combination with Rev, and I know others on the list have as well.

www.postgresql.org