Buttons on Players?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Feb 18 13:17:14 EST 2005

On Feb 18, 2005, at 8:09 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Am I overlooking something or is it not possible to place a button on
> top of a player object? No matter what I do with layering, the player
> always appears on top of any other object on the card.
>
> True?

You have to set alwaysBuffer to true so QT doesn't draw direct to the
screen but you will see a serious performance hit by doing this.  If
you are only displaying the button while the video is stopped then you
will be fine but if you want a button that appears while video is
playing then you may want to consider adding the button to the QT movie
directly using a tool like LiveStage or GoLive.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com