[OT] Understanding Codecs

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Feb 17 15:12:44 EST 2005

On Feb 17, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:
> I've been diving deeply into QT technology since this exchange and
> wanted to let you know that I looked closely at the Ensharpen codec.
> Very nice. Easy to see why RR chose to use it for their movies. I'm
> going to buy the encoder and experiment with it. I need to find a
> cleaner way of distributing the decoder for my client's extremely
> unsavvy audience, but I suspect that won't be too hard to figure out.
> You don't happen to have written a Rev function that does this
> semi-automagically, do you? :-D
>
> Dan (who is always looking to steal...er *adapt*...other peoples' code)

Dan,

I haven't done this from within Rev itself as I have checked for and
installed the component from within my programs installer.  I have the
paths where the component should be installed to if need them.  What I
don't remember is if you have to restart your application to make the
component available or not.  I think as long as the install happens
before any QT functions are called in your app you should be fine.
Otherwise you may or may not have problems.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com