Typing foreign characters in RunRev

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Mon Feb 14 09:09:50 EST 2005

Na Frank,

That should be a nice and simple keydown card message

on keydown k
  if the hilite of btn "typeGerman" then
     get chartranlate[k]
    if it is empty then pass keydown
    else
      put it into the selection
    end if
  else pass keydown
end keydown

something like that... (not tested, from the hairloosing top of my head)
;)

This way you dont need to type extra stuff but you do need to click the
button on and off to choose what you type... Maybe you could also
use the option or control key to switch modes...

Another approach is to typre something like /u and later do a replace
for each /a or /u into the letters you want...

Hope that helps

cheers
Xavier

On 14.02.2005 14:54:21 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>I seem to be unable to type foreign characters into any RunRev (2.2)
>field, so it looks like I'll have to handle it myself.
>
>Here's what I want to do:
>
>When I type an ümlaut in Apple Mail, i.e. "option-u" followed by "u",
>first it shows me that I'm in "umlaut mode" by giving showing floating
>dots above the (empty) character, and hiliting those dots with a yellow
>hiliter.  Then, when I type "u" or "o" or any other character that is
>umlaut-able, it hides the yellow hiliting and inserts the correct
>character.
>
>This is a nice interface for knowing that you're in "foreign character
>typing mode".  Has anyone written a similar routine for RunRev?  I'm
>about to write one, but if someone has some working code already and
>wanted to share it, I'd be most appreciative.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>-- Frank
>
>Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
>See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER