Rev 2.5 on WinXP: Issues with multiple monitors

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sun Feb 6 16:41:11 EST 2005

>Silver, Jason wrote:
>
>>[ ... window off screen ...]
>>I'm sure there's a workaround (e.g. typing some "move" command into the
>>Message Box), but I was hoping that this issue could be looked at, and
>>possibly changed in forthcoming releases of the software.
>>
>msg box, and type
>   set the loc of stack "revdocs" to the screenloc
>(or ... to "500,500" whichever you find easier to type).
>
>I suspect it won't be changed, because it's common to create and
>manipulate "invisible" windows by positioning them off-screen, and
>it would be hard to figure the difference between that technique and
>the case where the user has switched from dual monitor to single
>monitor.
>
>--
>Alex.

Actually, IDE should distinguish between its own windows (stacks) and
user windows (stacks). User windows should be left alone, of course,
but IDE windows, like Documentation, should check their location in
preopenstack and hop onto the monitor if located outside. To provide
backwards compatbility, just in case someone relied on this, this
behavior could be controlled by a preference flag.

Robert