export progressive jpeg causes a crash

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sun Feb 6 16:50:52 EST 2005

Hi,

I've been testing my product, and I spent the greater part of the last
2 days trying to track down a crash in code that had never failed
before.  I finally tracked it to an "export image as JPEG" call, and
after literally 100+ restarts of RunRev finally realized that the jpegs
that were failing were all progressive jpegs (thankfully I have code
that reads the jpeg header and can determine if it's a progressive
jpeg).

Is anyone else able to confirm this?  I'm still using 2.2, so I'd be
interested to know if it's in 2.5 as well.

Also, I didn't track it down to be 100% sure, but it looks like
interlaced GIFs might have the same problem.

Maybe it's time to use the QT external...sigh...

Thanks,
-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/