Problem with stack dimensions

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Sat Dec 31 11:14:17 EST 2005

Steve,
I would only add that Rev stacks on OS X make room for the VISIBLE dock
wherever it is, including sides (if the user is displaying it on either
the left or right side of the screen) - it does so by cutting off the
opposite edge of the stack or the bottom. If the dock is hidden (set to
pop up automatically), Rev will not cut off sides or bottom of your
stack.
Consequently, the size of the monitor may determine how much stack can
be displayed: a 14" with the dock on the left would cut off the right
edge of a full width stack, on a 15" there would be no problem.
If you want to design for almost everything, try 546x800, this will fit
on 600x800 (leaving room for the menubar, with the understanding that,
on such a small screen, the user will have the dock set to automatic).
All Macs since 1998 (including the Clamshell laptop and the original
iMac) will accomodate a 600x800 screen.
Paul Looney