returnInField problem

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Thu Dec 29 12:43:41 EST 2005

Malte was so kind to make the following suggestion:

>have you tried numToChar(10) ?
>
>put numToChar(13)=return ->false
>put numToChar(10)=return ->true

Yes, I've tried it. To no avail, though.

Mark mentioned:

>Nothing wrong with 'type return', either.

Alas, that still doesn't work.

Finally, Paul pointed to some light at the end of the tunnel:

>You should also be able to use:
>
>put myVariable & return into fld x

Unfortunately, the problem persists and something rather unexpected
happens in addition with this script: the cursor jumps in front of the
word! Very bizarre.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am still at a loss. Could there be a
difference between the value of x when it is put into a field via a
variable and x typed directly into the field? As I mentioned, the latter
option works but what I need is communication between two stacks.

Further suggestions highly appreciated.

Fritz