returnInField problem

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Thu Dec 29 08:59:55 EST 2005

I am working with two stacks both of them with a number of text fields.
There is  a script in stack A which puts the selectedText of one field of
this stack into a variable and then goes to stack B where it puts the
variable into field x. The script of field x is

     on returnInField
          find string the text of me in fld y
          select after fld x
     end returnInField

The result is, whatever I do, negative even if the looked for text is
right there on this very card in fld y.  The stange thing is that when I
type exactly the same text directly into field x the script works
flawlessly. What could be the problem?

My setup is Rev 2.6.1 on a G4 notebook under Mac OS 10.3.2.

Thanks in advance,
Fritz