using EXT.dll to install and remove fonts

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Dec 28 19:41:08 EST 2005

Thanks Klaus,

I chatted with both Tuviah and Kevin recently about the EXT.dll and
documentation/support source code for it.

Turns out neither knows much about it. Actually, EXT.dll currently ships
with Rev, but according to Kevin is not used. Somewhere along the way,
the source code has been lost, which isn't too bad as much of the
functiionality is already embedded within the engine. Also, the
ext_loadfont command hangs the current vers of Rev.

Chris Bohnert of Altuit is working on an external to enable dynamic
realtime loading of fonts for Windows (without having to 'install' into
the fonts folder). Is this something of interest to Mac users as well?

best,

Chipp