"There was an error..."

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Dec 28 11:22:50 EST 2005

Mark, Gordon, Chipp,

> > Ideas or suggestions, anyone?

Thanks for your responses--serious & otherwise.

>I believe that in keeping with the current geopolitical climate,
>from  version 2.6 onwards rev has implemented error logging that
>conforms to  Department of Homeland Security guidelines for public
>announcements.

Wow!  I feel so much safer knowing the RunRev team is working
secretly without my knowledge & permission to protect me from any &
every potential threat they can imagine.  And it's so thoughtful of
them to spare me the details and thus keep me from taking an active
role in addressing the problem.    :{`)

 >Are any of the substacks password-protected?

There are no substacks and no passwords.

 >Have you tried
deselecting the automatic search for libraries?

How do I do that?  Right now I'm telling the Distribution Builder to
include cursors, answer dialog, & print library.

 >consider using the splashscreen approach

This is basically little more than a splash screen: it's a two-card
stack that opens and starts using a data stack that contains
virtually all handlers and data.  Based on a radio button selection,
various map images are displayed on card one.  Clicking on an image
causes the data related to the selected button & image to be gathered
from the data stack and displayed on card two.  The design allows
users to install the viewer standalone once and update both data &
handlers whenever by replacing the data stack.

I'll test further today.

Rob Cozens

"Experience hath shewn that even under the best forms of government
those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations,
perverted it into tyranny."

      Thomas Jefferson, 26 December, 1820