Debugging and the execution path

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Dec 25 02:09:31 EST 2005

Jerry-

Saturday, December 24, 2005, 7:30:31 PM, you wrote:

> It seems there are two requests...

> - one to make a variable whose value has just changed to be easy to
> see and
> - another to stop execution, like a breakpoint.

Setting a breakpoint when a watched variable hits a given value is
*very* useful. Let's say I have a repeat loop that goes through 500
iterations and it's the 325th iteration of data that I want to see.
Without this feature I'd have to step through my repeat loop hitting
the "Step" button 325 times and being careful not to hit it 326 times
or I'd have to start all over again. Or I'd have to insert a line of
code saying "if myVar=myTargetValue then breakpoint".

Ideally I'd like to be able to set a checkmark next to the variable to
enable a breakpoint when it changes, or changes to a specific value.
Otherwise it would just display the data. Best of all worlds. I don't
really see this as two separate requests.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net