Debugging and the execution path

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Dec 23 14:40:56 EST 2005

On Dec 22, 2005, at 10:24 AM, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> Right! Folder of watched vars would be possible. HOWEVER I will
> then have to save those watched vars as a custom prop in the object.
>
> How to create a watched var: drag a var into the "watch" folder.
> Caveat: no folders no watched vars. Can't have everything.

Don't store it as a custom property on the object -- it's not that
permanent. It would be more than enough to store an array with the id
of the object as the key. That would make it live session-long. Some
development environments I work in don't even do that -- they just
store the list of called-out variables/expressions for the duration
of the session, without regard to what script is running. That
actually proves sufficient for most of my purposes.

Dragging is okay I suppose, but double-clicking is faster and easier.
It's a simple command -- add this to the list. I don't need to be
able to specify _where_ in the custom list it goes. It would be nice
to be able to reorder the custom list if I wanted to, but generally
it is short enough that it doesn't matter.