Bush-like weasel words about standalone

jeffrey reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Thu Dec 22 12:52:46 EST 2005

Preston,

I second this, you really need a test machine (as well as one to do
builds on properly) for all the platforms you are intending to ship
with. Also if you are aiming at os9 you should also test on an os9
native machine, just to be sure all things are kosher. I had a
strange problem with an earlier version of rev with the classic
build. its a pain, but there is no real substitute to testing on the
platform that you intend to deploy on. I know thats a pain, but if
you plan to have folks use your stuff its just the way that you need
to do things in order to make sure your software functions as you
designed it and doesn't leave your users blowing in the wind.

I just shipped a cd with win, osx and os9 rev apps with rev and all
was great with them, in the end there were no platform specific bugs
that cropped up.

OS9 is still alive and kicking (and will be for some time) in the
education environment, especially in the K-6 world, where they dont
get the same level of funding for upgrading as there is in the higher
levels.

cheers,

jeff reynolds

On Dec 22, 2005, at 4:07 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com