MouseChunk with false cursor

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Thu Dec 22 10:12:50 EST 2005

This is something I have also thought about...

An image can be set so that the transparent portion still receives a mouseclick - or it can be set so that the transparent portion does not receive the mouseclick, but instead passes it on to what lies underneath.

I have not tried this, but have considered having a cursor that is just a single dot, and programming for mousemove to always move the image to be located around that single dot, with a transparent dot for the image directly under the mouse-dot.

This way, the click is passed through the image. It isn't perfect, because your hotspot on the image would always be the black (or white) dot from the cursor - but that shouldn't be too terrible.