Bush-like weasel words about standalone

Scott Kane scott at proherp.com
Thu Dec 22 01:02:22 EST 2005

> How?

As a bin file.  I assume that's similar to HQX, I'm cutting
new ground (for me) on Mac's.

> I would pesume they use an intermediary file format, like the
> HQX option
> I mentioned earlier, as Windows has no resource fork.
>
> If RB has found a way to coerce the Windows OS into handling resource
> forks I'd be interested in learning more.

It's about the only thing it does nicely.  Otherwise my experience of
it, compared to the stability of Rev, is that it's junk.  I still use
Delphi for Windows app's, but I use Rev for OSX and *nix.  RB app's
compiled for Classic, in my limited experience, have had massive memory
management issues, espeicially with database work.

Scott