Comments disappear from script

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Dec 21 12:54:40 EST 2005

On 12/21/05 5:59 AM, "Jerry Muelver" <jerry at hytext.com> wrote:

> I had a bunch of helpful, instructional comments at the top of  my stack
> script. After an hour or so of coding and saving reloading, I went back to
> review the comments, and they were gone. Is there some code-cleaning option
> that I triggered that would strip comments out? Rev 2.6.1 on Linux (Ubuntu
> Gnome).

Sorry, Jerry - I've never seen Rev do this before, but then again I spend
99.5% of my time in non-Linux environments. So if this *is* a bug, it would
seem to be only on Linux.

One question - are you colorizing your scripts, or did you turn on
colorization recently? The reason I ask is that Rev keeps a formatted copy
of your scripts handy so it can show you the colorized version when you want
to see it. So there might have been some kind of disconnect between the
plain text version of the script (with comments) and the formatted one (no
comments). I haven't seen this before, but it's the only thing I could think
of...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/