Button 'stuck' on hilite mode

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 13:28:15 EST 2005

On 12/20/05 1:20 AM, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> Thanks for the insights :-)
> Sure you don't have it turned around? It appears to me the top button
> only receives a 'mouseRelease' when it's first rolledover after coming
> from an object which has focus outside the group.
>
> So, if you put in the script of the top button:
> on mouseRelease
>    focus on btn "ff"
> end mouseRelease

(in the message box)
go URL "http://www.gadgetplugins.com/chippstuff/ButtonHiliteBug.rev"

Hi, Chipp,
> Sure you don't have it turned around?
Here is a quick run down of the messages I see on OSX 10.4.2/2.6.1
4 sequences of mousing around.  Confusing to me.

Your test stack (ButtonHiliteBug.rev), two buttons top (grouped) and bottom
--test 1-------------------------------------
only the bott button id 1036, in pointer mode
mouseEnter --1036
mouseLeave
mouseEnter --1036
mouseLeave
-- test 2-------------------------------------
only the TOP button id 1035, in pointer mode
focusIn
mouseEnter --1035
mouseLeave
focusIn
mouseEnter --1035
mouseLeave
focusIn
mouseEnter --1035
mouseLeave
-- test 3-------------------------------------
only the TOP button, browse mode
focusIn
mouseEnter --1035
--
focusOut
focusIn
mouseRelease --1035
--
mouseEnter --1035
--
mouseLeave
focusOut
focusIn
--
mouseEnter --1035
--
mouseLeave
focusOut
focusIn
-- test 4-------------------------------------
move between bott then top, repeating
focusIn
mouseEnter --bott 1036
--
mouseLeave --bott 1036
--
focusIn
mouseEnter --top 1035
--
focusOut --btn 1035
focusIn  --not sure why, focusIn btn 1035 = top
mouseRelease --top  1035..yep, release
--
focusOut
focusIn

Somewhat confusing to me, but this is not my bailiwick

Hope this helps.
Jim Ault
Las Vegas