Getting a URL form a "logged in" site

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Tue Dec 20 07:43:03 EST 2005

Dennis,

I had a quick look at the webpage, and it seems like you'll have to proceed in
sections, since the html form is slightly more complex than expected (among
other things it has a parameter "Z" that seems to be a session number) :
- 1 use "get url" with the url you gave us to grab the original html code of the
log page
- 2 parse that code to get the parameters + values of the "form1" form
- then use the transcript POST command as follows to get the code of the next
html page (after loggin)
  POST
"m_PR=4&m_CBURL=http://www.quote.com/qc/downloads/default.aspx&m_CBERRURL=http://www.quote.com/qc/downloads/default.aspx&m_LANG=1&Z=1135080270&m_AL=4&m_DL_FREE=1&m_WS=&m_U=<your
member name>&m_P=<your password>" to URL "http://ldbauth.lycos.com/cgi-bin/mayaLogin"

I can't test any further as I'm not logged on this site (and don't want to).

Best,
JB