"Ask us anything" and the executionContexts

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Dec 19 18:56:39 EST 2005

On 12/19/05 4:00 PM, "Dick Kriesel" <dick.kriesel at mail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for asking, Ken.  My answer is neither:  I'm concerned because of the
> following message from Scott Raney, which leads me to think there may be
> some disqualifying problem in the design or implementation of the
> executionContexts.

No, not at all... it's just that it was designed for debugging (that is, the
debugger uses it), and not for public use. As such, it's "internal", and may
be changed at any time as RunRev sees fit. So if you want to use it for now,
knowing that it might be changed later on, fine. In fact, I've done so
myself. And since the executionContexts have been in there for years, and
AFAICR have not been changed since their original creation, they are "safe"
to use, but may very likely remain undocumented because of their internal
bent.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software