Sorting array

Brad Borch brad at activadesign.com
Mon Dec 19 17:13:29 EST 2005

I have about 300 items for a timeline, each with a start date, an end
date, some simple classification, a title, and some text content. I'm
building a Rev back end to manage the timeline events, and a flash front
end to create an animated timeline. Flash will be reading what is
essentially a tab-delimited database.

First, am I better off dropping text into an array in Rev to edit it, or
simply sorting and managing the text as a big hunk of text?

Second, if the array is better, how do I sort the array? (I've already
built the Rev tool to split the text into the array). I've tried "sort
gMyEvents numeric by item 1 of each" (after defining the itemDelimiter
as tab). Is there a simple way to sort an array? Am I missing something?