Image Display Issues on Win XP

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Dec 19 16:33:51 EST 2005

Hi Bill,

>For performance and reliability (the problem you are seeing is almost
>certainly the result of memory management trouble) I would create an actual
>75x50 pixel thumbnail (not shrink a 5 megapixel image) for the opening page
>and link to the full image as a discreet file on disk.

Thanks for your suggestion.

My design was influenced by the desire to distribute the standalone
as a single file to keep the individual images inaccessable to the viewer.

Would it help to:

         * Set images' alwaysBuffer to false?

         * Replace Photo Index Card's buttons with images whose
imageData is set to the imageData of the thumbnail image?

         * ??

Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

Vive R Revolution!