Getting a URL form a "logged in" site

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Mon Dec 19 16:24:21 EST 2005

Jim/Bill,

I took a quick look at the altBrowser demo.  I could not actually try
scripting with it, because the demo is a stand alone.  However, I
could manually log into the site and it remembered that it was still
logged in when I restarted it later.  So if I can direct which page
to open and get the html of that page, it would technically work in
this one case.

If altBrowser came with an external command (fake keyboard and mouse
driver) to move the mouse, click, and enter keystrokes.  Then it
could be programmed by Rev to automatically (after a fashion)
navigate sites or control Java apps (that don't change their layout
dynamically).  This could be useful for some people.  If it did this
I could have justified the price for my use --it is a bit steep for
personal use, but for someone else who wants to distribute it as part
of a stack, it is a bargain.

Dennis