Getting a URL form a "logged in" site

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:11:37 EST 2005

Dennis.....

This is almost certainliy going to be site-specific. When the site you are
logged into receives a URL via an HTTP request, it probably looks for some
string that is a session ID or a login code or a password (scrambled
perhaps) or some other information that lets the server know you're logged
in already. The fact that you copied a URL after logging in and told your
Rev app to use that URL didn't work leads me to believe the server in
question is probably either expiring the session ID or using a cookie to
confirm it.

Without knowing how the server determines the identity of a logged-in user,
you won't be able to reproduce that behavior in a Rev app, I'm afraid. But
if you do know that, it might be possible.