Is this possible.

Martin martin at smartdesigners.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 06:21:54 EST 2005

Hi there

I am looking to purchase Revolution, I have no programming experience but I
have a task I wish to tackle. This task is using an excel spreadsheet full
of reviews and articles, these articles are broken down into columns with
headings these headings are criteria within the article. (example)- I have
over 1500 articles on fishing, each article has a heading, a species of
fish, what bait was used to catch the fish, a date, methods etc. I want to
make a quick reference quide (programme) to find information quickly from
the excel spreadsheet which in turn can be updated by the program if
possible. The front end of such a program will have drop down menus say 6 in
a line. The first drop down box will display all the fish species, The user
will select a fish (a Carp) from this list, which will then in turn populate
all the other drop down menus with information on Carp, next drop down menu
would be bait (maggot) etc etc.

So the end result would generate all articles containing the fish Carp,
caught on the bait maggot, in the year 1990, on a lake, in England, in the
Morning.

There may be 30 results, so I would like the article headings to show up in
a box below the drop down boxes, these headings can be selected to show the
full article, say in another box below. This then can be printed out.

Questions

Can this be done with Revolution and Excel

Is this type of thing difficult to produce.

Can this system be updated from the program and not Excel

Could all the drop down menus have all the information contained in them so,
If my initial search was on date (year) this would populate all the other
menus, so then I could search for the the species of fish etc.

I know this is a bit vague, but I was wondering if this could be done.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Martin

martin at smartdesigners.co.uk