Printing selected pages

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 17:23:22 EST 2005

Hi All,

I have a printing query today - Chipp, is that printing script
conference stack ever going to appear?

I have a routine to print a number of cards, but if the user selects a
page range in the print dialog, how to I detect this and allow for it.

Here is a test script I have been using:

on mouseUp
    open printing with dialog
    put the result into tRes
    if tRes = "Cancel" then exit to top

    print card 1
    print card 7
    print card 10
    close printing

    answer tRes  -- for debugging purposes
end mouseUp

Clicking "Cancel" in the print dialog works as expected, but if I
choose to print page 1 only, I still get all 3 cards and "the result"
is empty. It looks like "open printing with dailog" doesn't give me
the info I need, so does anyone know of a workaround for this? I only
need it for Mac OS X if that makes any difference.

I searched the archives and found a few references to this from
several years ago, but no solution and nothing recent, so here's
hoping there is an answer now.

TIA,
Sarah