Downloading a Rev app from a server

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sun Dec 18 15:12:13 EST 2005

I'm having difficulty downloading a Rev application from our server.
After trying the standard "put url" and LibURLDowloadToFile commands,
and not having those work, I've come to the conclusion the problem is
probably with the structure of a Rev-created application (in that
it's a package.... not just one file). Apparently, those commands
just can't grab the package.

I then thought about compressing the Rev app first using the compress
() commands, but "compress" doesn't seem to want to grab the entire
package either. So I'm stuck.

I could use Stuffit to compress the file on the server, but I would
need to unstuff it on the local side "on the fly" from within a
running Rev application... and that would appear to be a tricky issue.

Suggestions?

Basically, a Rev application on the local side needs to download a
Rev application from our server and then launch it locally. What's
the best way to do that?

Thanks.
Richard Miller
Imprinter Technologies