Debugging and the execution path

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 17 16:21:05 EST 2005

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:49:19 +0000, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net>
wrote:

> In the Variable Watcher, just to the right of the drop-down menu of
> objects/contexts, there is a button like a scroll of paper.
> Clicking on
> that will take you to the script line of the currently selected
> context.
>
> Also, in the script editor, you can use the menu View / Go to line ...
> to go to a line number. Unfortunately, you can't do that while in
> debugger mode - the whole View menu is not enabled at that point.

So that means that the debugger telling me that I was executing line
437 in a certain script is kind of unhelpful, unless I choose to
count the lines when not in debugger mode, or unless the jumping-off
point in the calling script is obvious for example because it's the
only call to a particular handler (which would make the need to
identify line 437 redundant).

  I wonder how other people get round this problem...

thanks for the info

Graham