Image resolution

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sat Dec 17 14:42:39 EST 2005

Marty:

I have used transparent (and partially transparent) PNGs many times with
Revolution on Windows XP and never had a problem. The only issue with PNGs
on XP I know of is that IE6 doesn't support them well (but there is a
workaround for that as well). I do think PNG is the ideal format, except for
non-transparent photographs. JPG is better than PNG for those because it
compresses better. (PNG is a "lossless" format.) There should be no
cross-platform issues.

William:

I searched Rev's Bugzilla ( http://support.runrev.com/bugdatabase/ )
database for PNG and didn't find any entries for Windows. What problems did
you encounter? You might want to report them there if they are still
occurring with Revolution 2.6.1.

Bill

"William de Smet" wrote