[ANN] Renumbering Images with new IDs

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Dec 17 03:51:19 EST 2005

Xavier,

This is something I've had to write in order to keep my libraries,
plugins and gadgets from all 'bumping into each other.' Didn't know you
had already created one, but even from your own admission yours "has a
few bugs." I've tried your stuff a couple of times before, and sorry,
but it mostly seems overly complicated for me (frankly can never get it
to work)-- and I don't have I have the time to really get into it.

In fact, like most of us here (you included), I like to 'roll my own' so
as to work with a specific set of functionality which I need.

Here's a screenshot of the tool.
www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRevCaseStudies/altImageIDFix_big.jpg

Perhaps you might like to comment on if yours has a similar feature set?
I'm sure it does more. The keen thing about this plugin, is it's ability
to Fix conflicts OR Renumber ALL images, OR just Renumber Images outside
of a range.

For most of us in revInterOp, we have sets of IDs (mine is 90000-99000)
and this tool enables me to easily renumber all IDs in a set of stacks.
If I want to make sure the IDs don't conflict with my other projects, I
just need to open them up before renumbering and it will take them all
into consideration.

Anyway, after a few more beta testers banging on it, I'll realease it.

best,

Chipp