[ANN] Renumbering Images with new IDs

Scott Kane scott at proherp.com
Sat Dec 17 03:28:19 EST 2005

Xavier,

I'm positive your stuff is very cool (I'm still trying to
work out what it all does), but the reason for my reply
is to simply say - relax...  :-)  I come from Borland
Delphi on Windows (I still design and create all my Windows
app's using Delphi 7 and have done so since the Delphi Beta
in 1994).  I'm not sure if you are familiar with Delphi's
open object model or not, but it is an excellent example
of thousands of programmers solving problems, often the
same problems, with a tool they write for the job.  Some
are free and open source, others are commercial. But there
are tens of thousands of these objects (called VCL for
"Visual Component Library").  Take a look at:

http://www.torry.net  to see what I mean.  My point is that
there is no reason why people should not do the same in
Rev.  Duplicating may well create the same means to an end,
but each VCL object is done a little differently, thus one
can choose the solution that solves a specific problem or
is done in a code style one prefers.  I think we all need
to remember that, no matter what IDE, compiler and programming
language we work in...  :-)

Scott