"Typesetting" functions

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Dec 16 19:24:08 EST 2005

Well, Andy I set type back in 1974, by hand (well, almost... smile),
burned the plates and ran the KORD myself, folded the parents sheets,
collated signatures, perfect bound and trimmed... Those were the
days, ... (you can have them! I much rather outsource as we do
today... ) I remember the first AFGA we got, yes, true we had more
precise control then than we do now, though Abobe's optical is pretty
amazing...

True, the new layout programs still don't cut it (we set the kerning
pairs by hand for every font we used in Quark...) by old world
standards. But we are talking apples and oranges. You are in another
zone...  I looking for some simple functions for Rev fields, nothing
more than  simple alignment controls per para in a single field,
basic justification & tab controls per paragraph, We can leave the
fine H & J's out of this equation...

I'll check on Scott rolling credits...

Sivakatirswami