Best modality for rather large stacks

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 16 15:13:08 EST 2005

On 12/16/05 9:26 PM, "Gordon Tillman" <got at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I would recommend that you use the altSQLite external from http://
> www.altuit.com/webs/hemingway/AltuitCover/default.htm.
>
> This external is a wrapper around the excellent SQLite database
> engine.  You can read more about SQLite here:
>
> http://sqlite.org/
>
> Works very well, is extremely fast,

Fred, SQlLite is *extremely slow*. Like bicycle comparing to rocket.

Do not believe just me!

read testimonials of developers that have use both and can compare.
    http://paradigmasoft.com/en/testimonials

Pay attention to Justin's quote about SqlLite and Valentina.

-------------------------------------
Justin Drury on Valentina for Cocoa and REALbasic

I¹ve been using Valentina since 2000 first with Realbasic and now with
Cocoa. What has always struck me as impressive is not just the database
engine but the dedication and excitement the folks at Paradigma have for
their product. I had moved to Apple¹s Cocoa framework about a year ago and
had to use alternate databases(SqLite/MySQL) while Valentina 2 was prepared.

Recently I have been able to start integrating V4CC(Valentina for Cocoa)
into my apps, and frankly its THE most exciting addition to my development
environment! I can use Valentina¹s RAM databases with the same ease as
CoreFoundation¹s datatypes with all the speed and efficiency that we have
come to respect out of Valentina.

With its objective C interface and built-in binding support, Valentina for
Cocoa (with xCode) is an incredible RAD tool. I had been using CoreData with
both its XML store and Sql Lite store and while that was fine for a few
thousand records it quickly started to bog down and I missed the ability to
tinker under the hood. Within an hour I had whipped together a prototype
using Valentina and was awed by its power. I¹m again able to access hundreds
of thousands of records with lightning speed and with its mature SQL support
I¹m able to manipulate the data with ease.
---------------------------------------

> and can handle even much larger  databases that what you are needing.  Plus it
> is less expensive than  than the Valentina route.  The database file is also
> fully cross- platform.

If somebody care about price, then please be aware
    that right now Runtime Revolution offer you Valentina 1.x for FREE.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology