"Ask us anything" ( was: Chunking, Array's and I've lost my mind...)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 16 11:41:04 EST 2005

Dick Kriesel wrote:
> On 12/15/05 10:27 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>

>>Ask us anything, anything at all. Really.
>

> An offer far too good to refuse.
>
> The executionContexts could be a useful tool if it were sanctioned for use
> in standalones.  What is there about the executionContexts that causes it to
> remain undocumented and unsupported for standalones?
>
> Thanks in advance, Jacque!

Hey, I didn't say I could *answer*. :)

But as I understand it, the executionContexts was implemented internally
when the script editor was rewritten, back when MetaCard first changed
over to allowing clickable breakpoints (yes, there was a time when that
wasn't in there.) It was never intended for consumer use, but its
availability leaked out and some folks started taking advantage of it.
Officially it isn't really supported, and there are no guarantees that
it won't change in the future. Thus, it's not documented.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com