Recent Development on the Use-LIst

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:37:22 EST 2005

 > The notion, recently expressed by one highly respected member here,
> that a forum obliges trolling material or does not allow casual
> integration of list review with other work, is probably born of a
> lack of knowledge of the alternative. These are precisely the
> problems I find in a mailing list whereas a forum simplifies and
> expedites working with the list.

Since I was the one who mentioned "trolling", I'll take it this refers
to me, although the "highly-respected" bit would have my nearest &
dearest ROTFL :-)

I admit that I am not familiar with using forums (fora?). I don't like
Yahoo groups and I had a look at the Nabble & Gmane mirrors of this
list and didn't find them as convenient to use as my current preferred
method which is gmail.

However, I am willing to give it a try if RunRev sets up a forum. If
it doesn't suit me, I can always chage the settings so it emails me
all the posts anyway, so I certainly have no problem with the idea.

Cheers,
Sarah