219 - Please try again later

George Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Thu Dec 15 21:32:08 EST 2005

I'm writing a school application that uses a mySQl database via the
lib.Bmm.Database library, which has worked smoothly as a substack.  I
just added as an additional substack the library libSmtp253 so I can
email reports to students.  The new stack works just fine in the
Revolution development environment, but any standalone I've built
since I added the SMTP capability generates a dialog on entry that
reports "219 Please try again later."  This dialog appears at the
point of the first database access.

The message is coming from the engine, if my search is correct.  I've
located some discussion of similar problems on the Use Revolution
list in 2004, which mentioned a workaround for splash screen startup
stacks (which I'm not using) and a possible engine problem with
database access when there are more than two substacks.  (Heeding
this, I eliminated a simple substack I was using in addition.)  I've
tried various ways of creating the standalone by specifying
inclusions or letting RunRev decide.  I removed and carefully re-
installed the two libraries following instructions from Eric Chatonet
in Scripter's Scrapbook.  All to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?  Am I doing something
wrong, or is there some workaround I haven't found?  I would
appreciate ANY advice, since my faculty needs this app and I'm stuck.

Thanks,
George