Graphic Tools

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 15 18:41:18 EST 2005

Ken,

I just responded to your other email, so this is short. ;-)

It's ok that you don't fully agree, I know I am in a minority here.
You see I build "Graphical" User Interfaces and most here build
application interfaces. Most are happy to have a nice looking field
to enter database queries in and a simple button that looks like it
belongs in the interface, that is as far as their graphic interests
go. Not mine though.

I would rather see a bigger palette then that tiny one at the bottom
of the tools palette. And I didn't really think they were ashamed of
it but rather they didn't see it as too important, like most on the
list don't, is all. ;-)

I for one would love to see greater and greater graphics capabilities
in Rev. (Think Widgets) - ;-) grin........

Thanks for the response,

Tom

On Dec 15, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> I agree with part of what you said, but disagree with most
> (sorry). :-)
>
> When building application interfaces, it is more likely you'll need
> buttons,
> fields, scrollbars, tab buttons, etc. than you'll need graphic
> rectangles,
> polygons and paint tools. So the choice to "hide" them is more for
> screen
> real-estate issues than that they are in some way ashamed of them.
>
> And making the MC paint tools a plugin means that a person won't
> automatically see it without them having to take the trouble to
> install the
> plugin, and set the stack to automatically open. Might be easier to
> just
> tell the Tools palette to automatically open expanded through a
> plugin...
>
> Just my 2 cents,
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software