Christmas e-cards as learning tools

Wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Thu Dec 15 09:02:01 EST 2005

Hi Scott,

A very nice stack as usual.
But it showed a problem on my slowbook (titanium 400 mhz) driven by
mac osx.
The start and end values of the scrollbars are from high to low.
This forces the engine to set the thumbsize to -0.
When the showvalue of the scrollbars is true (indicated by the gray
line formed by the "ticks")
  it will slow revolution down to an unresponsive condition.
On my rig the unaltered stack uses over 80 % of cpu time and it takes
several seconds (10 - 15) for each "frame" to show.
The remedy is to reverse the start and endvalues of the scrollbars
(from low to high) or turn off the showvalue.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Greetings,
W.

On 15 Dec 2005, at 13:18, Scott Rossi wrote:

-snip-

> Here's one way.  Execute the following in your message box (not a Web
> browser):
>
>   go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/flurry.rev"

-snip-

> There is some kind of intermittent bug that causes a random
> triangle to
> appear every once in a while -- not sure where this comes from.  At
> first it
> was annoying but it has now started to resemble lightning for me. :-)

to stop the lightning:

in the runFlurry handler comment out the following line:

  if tShift then
       repeat for each line L in tPoints
         put L after tempSet
         add -H to item 2 of line -1 of tempSet #if L <> "" then
         put cr after tempSet
       end repeat
       --delete last char of tempSet  #### comment out
       put tempSet into tPoints
     end if