[OT] free icons for your buttons

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Thu Dec 15 02:01:20 EST 2005

Call me old-fashioned, call me monochromatic, but I still
rather like the HyperCard icons. Now, I was fooling around
the other day with a rather old version of SuperCard and
noticed that many of the SC icons looked identical to the
HC ones . . .

Does anyone know whether the HC icons are in some way
copyrighted, or are they 'fair game'? I would like to
'extract' them and repackage in an RR stack for free
distribution - but, however much I enjoy 'sparring
matches', I don't want Uncle Steve breathing down my neck.

I also wonder about 'general toolbar' icons as I notice
that those used in OpenOffice look just the same as
MSOffice, ClarisWorks 4, AbiWord, P-Shop and so on.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html