Image Name (Was Re: Oh <deity>... Image Name?)

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Wed Dec 14 15:27:20 EST 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 2:51 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

> A small request. Could we avoid casual references to Deity in
> subject lines? For some of us it grates on the ears (well, ok--
> eyes). Call me old fashioned. :-)

Yes, I feel the same way about that --and any kind of off color
expletive for that matter --even if some letters are ### out, but not
enough to keep from reading it.  In spoken language, one may not be
able to catch themselves from blurting out off color punctuation from
habit.  However, when writing, it is a conscious intent to put it
in.  I find it in poor taste and reflecting badly on the author.
That withstanding, most swear words, are real words with real
definitions.  I don't mind it when someone uses one of those words
correctly in a sentence with the intended meaning.

But hey, that is just me.

Dennis