Drag, Drop, Invisibility and going 'wonky' with standalones

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Wed Dec 14 15:12:31 EST 2005

I recently received an interesting e-mail from a chap in
Australia:

"Hi Richmond,

I?m one of the many novices to Revolution and I?ve learnt a
lot from looking at and adapting stacks like yours on the
Lexical site. I?ve adapted your stack on ?drop targets?
with the red and green images assigned to different buckets
to the identification of the five food groups. I?ve placed
images of various foods at the bottom, baskets labelled
with the appropriate 5 labels at the top. The same
procedure is used as your stack with a reset button to
return images to original positions and to set them to
visible again.

It all works fine until I save the stack as a standalone.
Once saved in this format the reset button ceases to
function. I have to close the stack in order to reset
images to their original positions etc.

I?ve tried a range of variations but I still can?t get it
to work properly.

Can you make any suggestions?

Regards

Allan Skien

PS I created another similar stack with ?fields? rather
than ?images? as the objects which are dragged into
position. This works fine with the reset button working as
required in the Standalone format.

NTOEC
Department of Employment, Education and Training
Northern Territory Government of Australia
Phone: +61 (08) 8922 2292 Fax: +61 (08) 8922 2258
www.ntoec.nt.edu.au"

As I was a bit busy at the time I sent him a file by way of
reply. That file is now available for download at the
'RRgraphix' Group (
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RRgraphix/files/ ) rather
unoriginally titled 'Drop Targets.rev'

I don't know if it solved his problem as I have not had a
reply. But I think it illustrates some interesting ideas
('visible' with images, sorting on the basis of Tooltip
contents) and would be interested to see how it would stand
up as a strandalone on various platforms.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html