[RRgraphix] TL.rev stack screws up menus and doesn't put them back

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 14 13:48:43 EST 2005

My screenRect is 0,0,1600,1000
My screenLoc is 800,500

My upper left screen corner (where my menu should be) is at 367,43

You have the script set to (item 3 of screenRect) 1600/2=800 which is
at the center of my screen. That is where the menubar gets put after
running your script in "Tool Bars". This may work on your screen due
to your screen size but that won't work on other screens.

The other item to RESTORE the toolbar is set to 800,500 which is my
screen center. That is not where it was before your stack loaded.
  It would be better BEFORE moving someone's menus to capture there
locations first then restore them on quitting and or in a button

on preOpenStack
global oldrevMenuBar, oldrevToolBar
put the loc of stack "revMenuBar" into oldrevMenuBar
put the loc of stack "revToolBar" into oldrevToolBar
end preOpenStack

on mouseUp
global oldrevMenuBar, oldrevToolBar
   -- put item 3 of the screenRect into WID
   -- put item 4 of the screenRect into HITE
   set the lockscreen to true
   -- move stack "revMenuBar" to (WID/2), 40
   -- move stack "revTools" to (WID/2), (HITE/2)
   set the loc of stack "revMenuBar" to oldrevMenuBar
   set the loc of stack "renToolBar" to oldrevToolBar
   set the lockscreen to false
  end mouseUp

Tom