[OT] [OT - Maybe] Good/Bad Form for sample stacks

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 14 14:17:26 EST 2005

Hello all listers,

I had an experience with a sample stack that at first threw me off
and I may have responded to the what the stack did harshly. I'm not
sure. But it brought up a point for me.

Is it considered good form to point out how someone's hard worked
stack performs if it does so in such an unexpected way (like the
stack that moved my menu's did but did not put them back)? In other
words if someone makes a stack that does something 'wrong' or 'bad'
in my opinion, would it be considered an insult or attack OR should
it be considered a critigue simply on the stack or code and be
considered a positive thing?

I try to take any advise or critique as a positive thing but
sometimes I feel slighted. I was wondering how others felt about this.

P.S. The stack in question was a good stack and showed some
interesting things that could be done with RR but I was not ready for
it to move my menu's and not put them back. That does not take away
from the intent of the sample.

Yours,

Tom

Thomas J McGrath III